domenica 30 settembre 2012

Breathing while playing ( and how to stop noisily breath )

             How to stop noisily breathe while you play guitar




Hello my friends !


Many classical guitarists are concerned about breathing while playing.
 I assure you that no one cares about the breath if you play well
and remind you that Glenn Gould sang while playing, 
but he was a great pianist !

I had a big problem breathing noisily when I was young
 and studied at the Conservatory of Music in Italy
so  want you to know how I solved my problem?

It is very funny.

When I was 20 years old I went to play in Venice
  and i play in Gondola. as "Serenatista".

A gondolier, noting that I was breathing very loud while playing
he said : " Daniel plese do not breathe hard while 
you play your classical guitar serenata
because you disturb the customers! "


And so I stopped my  noisily breathe miraculously and forever: 
due to the fact that I could not!

I think that sometimes it's just a
 habitude that we carry with us
and linked to the memory of our early when 
playing classical guitar was very very difficult.

But now it's easy and we can stop or limit this 
psychological problem simply stopping 
and breathing with the belly, as taught by Yoga.



                             Daniele Magli plays Grand Ouverture by Mauro Giuliani






If you search for a good breath ( not noisly )



It helps if you sing the piece, 
notice where you breath and mark it
 with a pencil in the score. 
Then study/play it from breathing point
 to breathing point.

Playing the guitar while breathing normally and without noise is very important, it improves your preformance.


Don't hold your breath while you play a piece

It is impotant to improve your classical guitar technique:


Classical guitar left hand techniques 


Please subscribe my guitar page on you tube with 182 videos :


Daniele Magli You Tube page

1 commento:

If you like Daniele Magli guitar style please write something.

Thank you for your comments !